Gall bladder stones
Function of Gall Bladder
The gallbladder stores and release bile to digest fatty food.
What are Gall Stones?
Gallstones are hardened deposits made of cholesterol or bilirubin and can develop in the gallbladder or bile ducts.
Symptoms of gall stones
1. Nausea or vomiting.
2. Sudden and intense pain over liver area
3. In the upper right portion of your abdomen
4. Referred Pain over tip of right shoulder
5. Back pain between your shoulder blades
Treatment of gall stones
1. Medications to dissolve gallstones
2. Open Cholycystectomy (Open routine surgery)
3. Laparoscopic cholycystectomy (Key Hole Surgery)
4. Surgical removal of gallbladder is called cholycystectomy