Stages of Liver Disease
1. Inflammation/hepatitis (Liver is enlarged or inflamed)
2. Fibrosis (Scar tissue begins to replace healthy tissue)
3. Cirrhosis (Severe scarring leading to improper liver functioning)
4. End-stage liver disease (ESLD)
5. Liver cancer
Complications of hepatitis
2. Hepatic failure.
3. Chronic hepatitis
4. Hepatocellular Carcinoma (HCC)
Alcohol and chronic hepatitis can lead to long term damage of normal liver tissue leading to the replacement of this normal tissue into scar tissue or fibrosis.
What is Ascites?
Liver disease is the most common cause of ascites after heart failure. In this condition fluid is accumulated within abdomen leading to breathlessness and abdominal discomfort.